Hello warriors of rogan, priests of the almighty wololo, and masters of the ancient world!
Today, we’re excited to package up a long-awaited delivery of bug fixes and balance changes for you to enjoy in Age of Empires: Definitive Edition. This full change log is short enough to skip a tl;dr version, but it’s worth noting that the main focus of this month’s release is on the playability of the game and spectating experience. Check out the full notes, below!
We fully recognize that there is more you’d like to see from Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, and we’ve already captured some of the most prominent discussion points for future consideration. Your voices have been key in identifying the fixes and features we’ll be working on for the game, and we want to continue encouraging you to use your voice! Whether you’d like to see gameplay improvements, new features, or have a list ready to go, we want to hear about them over on our official channels.
We hope you enjoy today’s release, and look forward to hearing more about what you’d like to see in Age of Empires: DE.
—The Age of Empires Team
♦ ♦ ♦
♦ ♦ ♦
Still having trouble? Visit our support site!
- Fixed an issue where game chat sent to ALL players (using “*“) would not be visible for Player 8.
- Fixed several problems with the presentation of the Statistics – Timeline.
- Ruins and Artifacts can no longer be moved using the Shift + Delete key.
- Fixed remaining instances where units could be spawned on the opposite side of a wall by placing their production building adjacent to the wall.
- Fixed several pathfinding bugs which would cause units to occasionally get stuck in each other’s models.
- Fixed an issue where using Stand Ground and Attack Move could cause units be stuck in one location while playing their attack animation.
- Fixed some equally-odd behaviors when setting a unit to Defensive Stance and issuing an Attack Move command.
- Units set to Stand Ground will now chase targeted units when manually tasked to attack them.
- Units set to Defensive Stance will no longer return to their previous location when manually tasked to attack a unit or building.
- Using the Shift + Delete command to cancel unfinished buildings will now properly refund their cost.
- Changing a unit’s stance to No Attack will now properly interrupt the unit’s current attack.
- Implemented countermeasures for numerous cheat exploits.
UNITS & BUILDINGS
Ballista: Increased attack speed by +15%.
Elephant Archer: Reverted previous changes to damage by increasing it from 5 ▶ 6.
Elephant Archer: Increased gold cost from 45 ▶ 60 gold, which restores the original game value. The food cost remains the same (180 food).
Helepolis: Reduced the upgrade cost from 1500 ▶ 1200 food. The wood cost remains the same (1000 wood).
Helepolis: Increased attack from 40 ▶ 45.
Legion: Reduced health from 160 ▶ 140.
Long Sword: Increased the upgrade cost from 160 food, 50 gold ▶ 240 food, 100 gold.
Alchemy: Now have access to the technology!
The Babylonians now have access to all Chain Mail technologies. This includes:
Chain Mail Archers
Chain Mail Cavalry
Chain Mail Infantry
Ballistics: Now have access to the technology!
LOBBIES & MATCHMAKING
- Fixed an issue which would cause the Solid Farms setting to default to “On” for some players.
- Fixed an issue where the Team Together option might fail to place players in the proper positions while spectators were also present in the game.
- Added an indicator next to the player names in the scoreboard and selection panel denoting which player you are currently spectating.
The spectator hotkeys, 1-8, will now correspond to the Player Colors. This means that:
- Pressing 1 will always display the resources and global queue of the ▉ Blue player
- Pressing 2 will display the resources and global queue of the ▉ Red player
- 3 = ▉ Yellow
- 4 = ▉ Brown
- 5 = ▉ Orange
- 6 = ▉ Green
- 7 = ▉ Magenta
- 8 = ▉ Cyan
- Updated game strings to reflect all balance changes made over the last several updates.